A Chronicle of Five Lives
Signed by Wing Commander PB 'Laddie' Lucas CBE DSO* DFC
Signed on the title page by
Wing Commander Laddie Lucas CBE DSO* DFC
Sidgwick & Jackson First edition 1978. 272 pages and well illustrated with photographs.
Fine condition hardback book in a Fine condition, clipped dustjacket. The book is clean, bright and tight. A pleasing copy.
Five lives of distinction and fascination
- WWII fighter ace, commanding top scoring 249 Squadron during the Battle of Malta and was later Wing Leader at Coltishall.
- Member of Parliament during the Churchill, Eden and Macmillan governments.
- Business career as chairman of a public company
- Captain of the British Golf Team in 1949
- Fleet Street journalist and author
Air Vice-Marshal Johnnie Johnson said: “Laddie was a tremendous fighter pilot and a very good fighter leader. He played golf for England. He has been my friend for 60 years and I do not think I have ever met a finer Englishman. He had all the tremendous qualities of goodness, leadership and character. Everything Laddie did he did well and people, including me, were so proud to know and be associated with him.”
A smart signed copy of this compelling memoir. It is an entertaining amalgam of anecdotes, experiences and emotions from a man who has both enjoyed and suffered the changing fortunes of war and peace.